Lodging Spotlight: Deer Valley’s Signature Collection
Deer Valley Resort Lodging and Reservations offers the largest selection of accommodations in the Deer Valley Resort area as well as select properties in the surrounding Park City area. Featuring properties managed by the resort including Black Diamond Lodge, Empire Pass, Flagstaff Lodge, The Grand Lodge, Lodges at Deer Valley, Shooting Star, Silver Baron Lodge, Stag Lodge, Trail’s End Lodge, and the Signature Collection of Private Homes and Condominiums. This series will explore each of these properties throughout the next ten weeks. This week Scott Sandlin, general manager of the Signature Collection, gives us the inside scoop on the property.
What makes the Signature Collection unique?
The most unique aspect of the Signature Collection compared to the other properties managed by Deer Valley Resort is that not everything is under one roof. This allows us to cater to a more broad range of guests, both in the types of lodging options as well as the rates that are available. One might think that because we are not a condominium hotel property, we cannot offer the same services to our guests. With the exception of things like breakfast or après-ski, we are able to provide all the same amenities through our guest services, concierge and bell staff.
Ten things a guest should know before staying at the Signature Collection
- Guests should take advantage of the diversified residence locations and pricing selection that the Signature Collection offer
- The residences each have their own entrance as they are “free-standing” condos or homes.
- Several of our properties within a mile of Main Street
- There is a wide range of properties for all demographics based on needs and budget. We can offer a product that will fit everyone’s needs, from a one-bedroom condo to a seven bedroom home, with many ski-in/ski-out properties
- We offer complimentary in-town transportation service, provided by Cadillac, allowing for direct access to the resort and shopping, dining and nightlife on Park City’s Historic Main Street
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Our concierges can book dinner reservations and will provide recommendations for special activities
- Daily housekeeping is provided
- Our front desk has a package liquor license
- The check-in location is located at the Deer Valley Plaza building, adjacent to the Deer Valley Grocery~Café
What is your favorite thing about your property?
My favorite thing about the Signature Collection is the staff. There is such a diverse group of individuals that come together each day to provide a level of service that one would expect of a first class hotel. I am regularly reminded what a positive impact the staff has on our guest’s experience in reading Deer Valley Text Service conversations, comment cards, and/or interacting directly with guests in our shuttles or at the front desk. Guest service is not something that just happens and it is an honor to be in the presence of such a passionate group of people day after day even during our busiest time periods when our work loads are the heaviest.
What is a tip you have for a first-time guest staying at your property?
It is difficult to narrow it down to just one, but I would say it would be to familiarize yourself with the services that are available. This encompasses several things such as our on-call-complimentary, in-town transportation, daily housekeeping and concierge services. A guest knows what is going to suit their needs most appropriately, so knowing that our transportation is available on a first-come, first-serve basis may help them decide if having a rental car might make more sense if they are here during a busy time when these services are in very high demand. Similarly, having an understanding of what our daily maid service consists of is important so they know what to expect. Lastly, our guest services/concierge team are a great resource for arranging an array of items from dining reservations and activities to airport transportation. The more that a guest can plan ahead of time, the more they will be able to enjoy their vacation without having to worry about the details, creating a more stress-free experience for themselves.
Take a look at the pictures on deervalley.com to find a residence that fits your style and comfort. The guest services staff has the ability to schedule local transportation 24 hours in advance. The Snow Park Shuttle will transport you between your residence to the day lodge and plaza building and the resort based-texting service will assist you in arranging housekeeping needs, scheduling transportation and concierge requests.
My name is Scott Sandlin, general manager of the Signature Collection at Deer Valley Resort, and I invite you to come create your next #DeerValleyMoment.