Jodie Rogers, Deer Valley Executive Chef shared the recipe for Deer Valley’s
Hot Haute Chocolate
Yields: 50 Ounces, 2 oz. servings.
-10 oz. Dried Milk Powder, Grind in Cuisinart before measuring
-1 lb. Vanilla sugar (To make vanilla sugar grind seeds of 2 vanilla beans with 32 ounces of sugar in Cuisinart)
– ¾ Teaspoon Salt
– ¾ Teaspoon Cinnamon
– 3 pinches of cayenne
– ¼ Teaspoon Espresso Powder (optional)
– Peppermint Schnapps add to taste[Note: 8 ounces of mix to 2 cups of boiling water. Individual serving is 2 ounces to ½ cup water, use less water if a richer flavor is preferred.
1) Make Vanilla Sugar. Keep as mise en place.
2) Combine all ingredients, whisk to combine well
3) Add espresso powder if desired
4) Add Peppermint Schnapps to taste
5) Serve with whipped cream and a candy cane
You can also stop by Deer Valley Grocery ~Café to try a Hot Haute Chocolate.
If you are also looking for food for your Christmas, let the Elves do the cooking!
Deer Valley is offering a Christmas take-away menu this year. All orders must be received by Thursday, December 22nd and may be picked up December 24th after noon or Sunday, December 25th by 6:30 p.m. 435-615-2400
Items available on the menu:
WILD MUSHROOM SAUCE ~ wild mushrooms, shallots, red wine, beef stock (32 oz, serves 4-6) ~ $12.00
LEMON THYME SAUCE ~ turkey gravy, fresh thyme, lemon (32 oz, serves 4-6) ~ $12.00
**CRANBERRY CHUTNEY ~ cranberries, mango chutney (16oz) ~ $10.75 ~ GF
*DEER VALLEY ROASTED GARLIC MASHERS ~ new red potatoes, roasted garlic (serves 4) ~ $12.00 ~ GF
**STEAMED GREEN BEANS ~ sautéed shiitake mushrooms, garlic enhanced olive oil, toasted almond and red chard garnish (serves 4) ~ $12.00 ~ GF
*ROASTED ACORN SQUASH ~ Jack Daniels brown sugar butter, (serves 4) ~ $12.00 (GF by request)
*HOMEMADE STRUAN BREAD, WILD RICE STUFFING granny smith apples, dried cranberries, wild mushrooms, shallots, fresh sage (serves 4) ~ $9.50 add chicken and apple sausage ~ $12.00
*Vegetarian **Vegan GF=gluten free