Taking its award-winning dining to new heights, Deer Valley Resort is now offering hand-crafted, artisanal cheese produced in the kitchens of Silver Lake Lodge at 8,100 feet by renowned cheese maker, Corinne Cornet-Coniglio. All milk for the artisanal cheese comes from locally pastured cows and goats in the Heber and Ogden valleys and the specialty cheeses are served in every Deer Valley® restaurant, as well as available for purchase at Deer Valley Grocery~Café.
Corinne Cornet-Coniglio, a Belgium native, joins the Deer Valley team to spearhead the creation of the resort’s signature artisanal cheeses. The Cornet family was deeply rooted in the dairy industry in Belgium. She spent decades in Europe procuring knowledge of every possible European variety of cheese, including farmstead and Abbey cheeses located in remote locations. Fluent in French, she spent a significant time in France, gaining firsthand experience with dairy farmers and cheese makers. It was there that she acquired her knowledge and passion for cheese making and goat husbandry.
Coniglio came to the United States to pursue a career in cheese making in 2002. She was the former co-owner and manager of Roubideau Farm-to-You, a fromagerie in western Colorado near Aspen. Having a genuine farmstead artisanal cheese operation, she was directly involved with raising goat livestock and running a successful goat dairy, food and agritourism marketing business. After that venture, Coniglio became the national sales director for a French cheese making company and was the ambassador covering all U.S. territories for the company and its cheese making equipment.
“I am thrilled to be a part of Deer Valley Resort’s fine dining experience and create beautifully mastered artisanal cheeses,” Coniglio said. “Utah’s soil, grass, weather conditions and farming techniques will create a very specific range of new Terroir cheeses that I am excited to explore with the resort.”
- Blue Bell – A true artisan blue made from fresh cow’s milk and aged over 60 days to creamy perfection and ripeness
- Moon Shadow – Ash-ripened goat cheese with a bloomy white rind and firm textures, made with 100% local goat’s milk
- Meadowlark – A double cream, soft-ripened, cow’s milk cheese encased in a velvety white rind. Hand-made in the French moulé à la louche tradition
- The Provence Kid – Fresh goat cheese encrusted with Herbes de Provence
- Triple Truffle – Triple cream Camembert-style brie infused with fine black truffles from Umbria, Italy. Creamy and earthy
For more information about Deer Valley Resort’s hand-crafted, artisanal cheese making, please visit deervalley.com