Deer Valley® takes on a whole new life in the summertime. Whether you are enjoying the resort on your own or with your friends and family, there are activities in the summer for all ages to enjoy. Offering over 70 miles of trails to explore on foot, horseback and mountain bike, you will also find outdoor dining options with sweeping mountain views and concerts at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater.
Here are nine tips to get the most out of your visit to Deer Valley Resort this summer.
1. Explore the Trails – Take advantage of the open hiking, mountain biking, and horseback trails. You can get up close with some of the native wildlife, or enjoy the views and vistas around the resort that aren’t as accessible during other seasons. Insider trail tips; Silver Lake hiking trail, Tidal Wave mountain bike trail, and the Jordanelle Lookout two-hour horseback ride.
2. Indulge in the Food – Two of the summer restaurants at Deer Valley have outdoor seating areas. You can enjoy the deck at Royal Street Café with a Blueberry Mojito in hand while watching the bikers and horseback riders on their adventures. Or observe the activity on the Snow Park Ponds while savoring a plate of turkey chili nachos at the Deer Valley Grocery~Café. Insider tip: Order the Dine-in or Dash pizza and salad special from The Brass Tag and enjoy it at a Deer Valley concert. You can also order a Gourmet or Deluxe Picnic Bag 24 hours before any show and pick it up at the concert. Both options take the stress out of the picnic experience.
3. Play in the Water – Water sports and leisure are a big part of summertime in Park City. With Jordanelle Reservoir close by, as well as the Provo River, you can fly fish, kayak, or boat. There are even paddleboard rentals on-site at Deer Valley’s Pebble Beach, which is located right next to the Deer Valley Grocery~Café on the Snow Park Ponds. Insider tip: Park City SUP offers daily yoga and SURF FIT classes at 10 a.m. The cost is $20 per class and includes the use of a board and paddle and pre- and post-class paddles around the ponds.
4. Protect Your Skin – This is true during any time of the year in Park City. Known for bluebird days during both the summer and winter, those days come with plenty of extra sunshine. Be sure to put some sunscreen on to avoid a burn while you are out having fun. Insider tip: sunscreen may be purchased at Deer Valley Grocery~Café and The Deer Valley Etc. store located in the Snow Park Lodge.
5. Plan Ahead – Whether you are on a quick day trip or an extended summer stay, be sure to check out what you would like to do ahead of time and buy tickets or make reservations in advance to avoid the risk of sold-out events. Insider tip: Book a Deer Valley lodging package and get great perks like resort credits and discounts on lodging.
6. Relax – Schedule a spa day at The St. Regis Deer Valley, Stein Eriksen Lodge or Montage Deer Valley. Park City promotes an active lifestyle to be sure, but don’t forget to take advantage of the opportunities to relax in equal measure. Insider tip: Book a lodge with a family friendly pool like The Lodges at Deer Valley or Silver Baron Lodge and relax with the whole family.
7. Drink a lot of Water – Akin to being sure to wear sunscreen while you are out and about, drinking enough water here is crucial as well, especially if you are coming from a lower elevation. The temperatures can get hot and the high altitude can make an impact as well. Stay hydrated to ensure that you feel your best and don’t miss out on experiencing everything that you’ve planned. Insider tip: Buy a reusable water bottle from the Deer Valley Etc. store or the Deer Valley concession stand at a concert and stay hydrated your whole trip.
8. Take a Scenic Chairlift Ride – The mountain trails are amazing, and you can access them with a scenic chairlift ride without exhausting all of your energy. During the ride up, take in the amazing views and try to spot your favorite ski runs. Insider tip: If you do decide to hike up Bald Mountain, enjoy a free chairlift ride back down to Silver Lake. Insider tip: Refuel with ice cream sandwiches from the Silver Lake Snack Shack, because you earned it!
9. Enjoy Music in the Mountains – Deer Valley offers dozens of concerts every summer at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater. It’s home to three unique concert series, the Deer Valley Concert Series and two nonprofit series, the Utah Symphony’s Deer Valley® Music Festival and the Grand Valley Bank Community Concert Series. The venue seats 5,000 people and guests are welcome to bring picnics, blankets and chairs less than nine inches high. Insider tip: Save up to 20% on lodging and concert tickets when you book select accommodations at Deer Valley Resort Lodging and Reservations managed properties by calling a Vacation Planner at 435-645-6528.
Want to learn more about Deer Valley in the summer? Read A Perfect Summer Day at Deer Valley.
Originally written by Lindy Callahan for Deer Valley Resort.