7 Tips for Ikon Pass Holders at Deer Valley

The Deer Valley Difference. What is the difference? It’s the groomers who work all night to create the boulevards of corduroy for which Deer Valley is known. It’s the hair-raising vertical in the Daly Chutes and the perfect glades in Triangle trees. It’s finding your own powder stash days after a storm. But don’t take our word for it: Come ski it for yourself.

Below are seven tips for first time Ikon Pass holders at Deer Valley. Have a tip? Leave it in the comments.

Before you Arrive

1. Make a Reservation

To help ensure a quality ski experience, Deer Valley limits the number of skiers on the hill daily. To guarantee access, guests must have either purchased a ticket in advance or, in the case of our Ikon Pass holders, made an advance reservation. Deer Valley typically sells out during the December and Presidents’ Day Weekend holidays so reservations are necessary during these periods. Reservations are highly recommended throughout the season and can be made starting in October.

2. Check Lodging Packages

Deer Valley Resort Lodging and Reservations offers the widest variety of accommodations in the resort area. We specialize in customized vacation planning including lodging, lift tickets, transportation, travel insurance and more.

In addition to our online packages, we may also offer packages that are only available by calling our reservations center. For questions regarding all package offers, please call and speak with one of our on-site Vacation Planners at 800-558-3337 or 435-645-6528.
Once you Arrive

3. Go Direct to Lift

Deer Valley is now “direct to lift”. This means you are not required to stop at a Ticket Office window. Starting from Snow Park Lodge, make your way to one of two high-speed quad chairlifts that will take you from the base area to the mountain.

4. Take a Complimentary Mountain Host Tour

Enjoy the company of our friendly Mountain Hosts every day of the winter season for an enchanting ski tour of Deer Valley Resort. You’ll learn about the resort’s terrain, history and trivia while discovering new runs and secret powder stashes with the locals who ski them. Four complimentary Mountain Host tours are offered each day, departing from the top of Bald Eagle Mountain, and are available to skiers of intermediate and expert abilities.

ES_2016_02_23_Mt_Hosts212

Expert tours meet at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the top of Carpenter Express chairlift.

Intermediate tours meet at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the top of Carpenter Express chairlift.

5. Don’t Miss the Famous Deer Valley Turkey Chili

Make sure to try the famous Deer Valley Turkey Chili, available around the resort. Try it on french fries, a baked potato, nachos or a traditional bowl with delicious toppings.

6. Leave your Skis in our Complimentary Ski Storage

Whether you’re stopping for lunch or calling it a day, ensure your skis and poles are secure with our complimentary daytime and overnight ski storage, offered at four convenient locations throughout the resort. Complimentary daytime and overnight ski storage facilities are open daily at Snow Park Lodge, Silver Lake Lodge and the Jordanelle Express Gondola. Daytime storage is also available at Empire Canyon Lodge.

7. Ski with a Champion

Deer Valley Resort’s Ambassador of Skiing, Heidi Voelker, invites you to ski with her or one of six other Olympic snowsport athletes. Our athletes are available to ski with individuals, families and groups for exclusive half- and full-day memorable adventures at Deer Valley Resort. The Ski With A Champion experience includes access to the ski school lane at all chairlifts. The experience is not a lesson. Participants must be at least 7 years of age; children 12 and under are required to be accompanied by an adult. For more details and pricing visit, deervalley.com

103 Responses

1. David Deioma says:

Have brunch at Stein’s and give a prost! to him…

2. kathlee yeargin says:

How do I make reservations on line?

3. Deer Valley says:

Hi Kathlee, you can make a reservation at https://ikonres.deervalley.com/

4. Bob says:

Ikon res system not working! This is a hassle compared to other resorts.

5. Deer Valley says:

Hi Bob, Apologies about the site, we are experiencing a small issue this week with some passes. Please contact traci@deervalley.com and she will get you all set up.

6. Nader says:

What is the ikon pass discount and what restaurants honor it?

7. Deer Valley says:

Hi Nader, Ikon Pass holders receive a 15% discount when visiting any of Deer Valley’s owned and operated restaurants or retail shops. You can find a full list of Deer Valley owned and operated restaurants here: http://www.deervalley.com/Dining/WhereToEat Please let us know if we can help with anything else. We look forward to seeing you on the slopes soon.

8. John says:

Is there any ikon discount for child care?

9. Deer Valley says:

Hi John,

Deer Valley does not offer a childcare discount for Ikon Pass holders. When visiting any of Deer Valley Resort’s owned and operated restaurants or retail shops, Ikon Pass holders will enjoy a 15% discount year-round. The dining discount is valid for their entire party and limited to one payment transaction. Retail discounts are valid only for Pass holder purchases.

10. Matt says:

If I make a reservation for 3 days am I precluded from using my Ikon pass on one of those days at another Ikon resort?

11. Deer Valley says:

Hi Matt, You will be able to use your pass at another resort even if you have a reservation here. However a few things to note: Deer Valley Resort reserves the right to decrement pass holders for a day of skiing for reservations made but not used. They are only guaranteed until 10 a.m. of the day of your reservation. You have until midnight the day prior to make your reservation.
    Hope you have a great visit!

12. Cat says:

Can I use my 2019/2020 Ikon Pass at Deer Valley the weekend of April 5, 2019?

13. Deer Valley says:

Hi Cat,

The 2019/2020 Ikon Pass is not valid during the 2018/2019 ski season at Deer Valley.

14. Matt Baker says:

Can I use my Ikon base pass to access the lifts during the summer for mt. biking?

15. Deer Valley says:

Hi Matt,

2019/2020 Ikon Pass holders will get 1 scenic ride pass per day at Deer Valley. You will be able to upgrade this pass to a mountain bike pass for an additional charge. We are working with our team to set pricing on that fee. We will let you know as soon as it is finalized.

16. Kyle says:

How close are you to figuring out what the upcharge fee will be for mountain biking if you have a 2019/2020 Ikon Pass?

17. Hadley Allen says:

Hi – Do children with an Ikon season pass receive any discounts if enrolled in ski school – Reindeer Club?
    Thanks!

18. Deer Valley says:

Hi Kyle,

We have sent you an email to the address you listed in your profile.

19. Deer Valley says:

Hi Hadley,

Children with an Ikon Pass do get discounts on Skier Service products that include a lift ticket. We are still finalizing 2019/2020 pass products. We should have final pricing in mid-June. You can also get more information by contacting Skiers Services directly at: 888-754-8477 | 435-645-6648 skierservices@deervalley.com 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., daily. Let us know if we can help wit anything else.

20. Steven Connor says:

I’m on the fence on purchasing an ikon pass for the family. I too would really like to know what the upcharge to MTB this summer at Dear Valley will be for an IKON pass holder. Thank you.

21. Deer Valley says:

Hi Steven,

Thanks for reaching out. Guests will receive a $12 per day discount on Mountian Bike day passes. You can find a full list of pricing here: http://www.deervalley.com/WhatToDo/Summer/MountainBiking Please let us know if we can help with anything else. We look forward to seeing you this summer.

22. Michael says:

My girlfriend and I plan to purchase a 2019/2020 IKON pass and my family comes and skis for 3 days after Christmas/New Years.

Will I be able to reserve 10 tickets for my family over these days and receive the 25% discount on their tickets by using the online reservation system when it becomes available? We would just reserve the dates for the IKON pass holders and then I assume also be able to reserve for and pay for the family’s tickets there? Thanks!

23. Michael says:

Also does the 15% discount with the IKON pass include ski rental shops owned by Deer Valley? Could I pay to rent skis for another person who doesn’t have an IKON pass if they are present with me (another family member) and I book it online? How will it know online that I am on IKON pass holder?

24. Deer Valley says:

Hi Michael,

We have sent you an email to the email you listed so we can get into specific details on your question.

25. Jenn Jaroch says:

When can I make lift ticket reservations with our IKON passes for the 2019/2020 season?

26. Deer Valley says:

Hey Jenn,

Thanks for reaching out. Ikon Pass holders should be able to make reservations in mid-August for the 2019/2020 ski season at Deer Valley. We have added your name to a list and will send you an email as soon as the reservation system is up. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We look forward to seeing you on the slopes this ski season.

27. Tracy L Cassady says:

Hi there!

First question – I cannot find Deer Valley in Utah listed as a ski resort on the Ikon Pass website, so it makes me a bit concerned. Is the Ikon pass 100% available at Deer Valley and the resort just hasn’t made it onto the Ikon Pass website yet?

Will I be able to reserve tickets for my family (8 – 9 others) for December 26th- 31st and receive the 25% discount on their tickets by using the online reservation system when it becomes available? I’m assuming all passes can be reserved and paid for prior to arriving.

Also does the 15% discount with the Ikon pass include ski rental shops owned by Deer Valley? Could I pay to rent skis for another person who doesn’t have an Ikon pass if they are present with me (another family member) and I book it online? How will it know online that I am on IKON pass holder?

We are also looking into passes for our 2 grandsons ages 15 & 17. If I purchase one Ikon Young Adult pass does that afford discounted guest passes for another young adult?

28. Tracy L Cassady says:

Oops! Just found Deer Valley on another one of the Ikon Pass website pages.

29. Catherine Quatrano says:

Can I please be added to the list to be notified of when I can make Ikon Pass ticket reservations for 2019/2020?

30. Deer Valley says:

Hi Catherine,

We have added you to the list and will send you an email when the reservation system is open. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

31. Deer Valley says:

Hi Tracy, thanks for reaching out. The Ikon Pass allows for 7 days at Deer Valley while the Ikon Base Pass offers guests 5 days with blackout dates. The Ikon Base Pass blackout dates are Dec. 26-31, 2019; Jan. 18-19, 2020; Feb. 15-16, 2020. We have added you to a list of guests to contact when the Deer Valley Ikon Reservations system is up and running. You will be able to reserve your tickets and your friends and family tickets (up to 10 per pass). However, you will have to pay for those tickets on the day you ski as you can not prepurchase the discounted tickets. Deer Valley does not offer a discount on ski rentals. We do offer dining and retail discounts you can take advantage of on your trip. If you buy an Ikon Young Adult Pass you will be able to get a discounted rate for up to 10 people per pass. Let us know if you have any other questions. We look forward to seeing you on the slopes this winter.

32. James says:

Any update on when Ikon pass reservations will be bookable? If not, can you please add my email to the notification list?

33. Deer Valley says:

Hi James,

We have added you to the list. Our team will send you an email as soon as the Ikon Pass Reservation System is online. We look forward to seeing you on the slopes this winter. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

34. Roberta Tijerina says:

I just noticed that the Ikon pass “cannot be used during 19/20 spring skiing?” What are the excluded dates to be exact? We normally go around the spring break week

35. Deer Valley says:

Hi Roberta,

The Ikon Pass does not have blackout dates during the 19/20 ski season. The Ikon Base Pass is blacked out Dec. 26 – 31, 2019, Jan. 18 -19, 2020 and Feb. 15 – 16, 2020. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

36. Roberta says:

“Spring access with a 19/20 Ikon Pass is not available at Deer Valley” – saw this on the DV web site and it threw me off. So this is referring to the Spring “Off Season,” I assume–as in between ski season and summer season? Just want to make sure before I purchase. Thanks.

37. Deer Valley says:

Hi Roberta,

Did you see that here: https://ikonres.deervalley.com? If not can you send the link to where you saw this?

This page is referencing the 2018/2019 Ikon Pass. Some destinations allowed guests to buy a 2019/2020 Ikon Pass in March/April 2019 and that would allow access to their mountain during March/April 2019 as a perk for buying the pass early. Our team is taking that down now and working on the 2019/2020 reservation system that will be available in mid-September. We apologize for the confusion. The Ikon Pass doesn’t have blackout dates at Deer Valley during the 2019/2020 ski season. The Ikon Base Pass is blacked out Dec. 26 – 31, 2019, Jan. 18 -19, 2020 and Feb. 15 – 16, 2020. Deer Valley does reach capacity during the holidays and other peak periods throughout the year, so we encourage Ikon Pass holders to plan ahead. To guarantee access to Deer Valley Resort, we ask that our Ikon Pass holders, please make a reservation up to midnight the day prior to your ski day, for yourself and your Friends and Family at https://ikonres.deervalley.com. Again this will be available starting in mid-September. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

38. Jeff says:

Hi, When will the ikon pass reservation system open for the 2019-2020 season? I would like to make lodging reservations to take advantage of pre-season discounts, but want to be sure that we will have the reservation to ski. Thanks!

39. Deer Valley says:

Hi Jeff,

We have added you to the list and you will receive an email as soon as the reservation system is open. To guarantee access to Deer Valley Resort, we ask that our Ikon Pass holders, please make a reservation up to midnight the day prior to your ski day, for yourself and your friends. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We look forward to seeing you on the slopes this season.

40. mihai says:

Can you please add me to the list for reservations for 2019-2020 season?

41. Carol Dixon says:

Hi there,
    I’d like to reserve Deer Valley lift tickets for my family for February 2020 using our IKON passes. How do I do this?
    Carol

42. Deer Valley says:

Hi Carol,

We have added you to the list to contact as soon as the website is online. We look forward to seeing you on the slopes this winter. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

43. Deer Valley says:

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for reaching out. We have added you to the list. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

44. Anjali Korde says:

Hi, I would like to reserve Deer Valley lift tickets with my Ikon pass for December 2019. Can you let me know when the reservation system is online?
    Thanks

45. Deer Valley says:

Hi Anjali,

We have added you to the list. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

46. Jean-Pierre Rietman says:

Thanks

47. Jean-Pierre Rietman says:

Hello, I also would like to reserve Deer Valley lift tickets with my Ikon pass for me and my family for December 2019. Can you let me know when the reservation system is online? Many thanks.

48. Jean-Pierre Rietman says:

Hello, I would like to reserve Deer Valley lift tickets with my Ikon pass for me and my family for December 2019. Can you please let me know when the reservation system is online? Thanks, Jean-Pierre Rietman, The Netherlands

49. Rodolfo says:

Hello. I am also interested in reserving dates with my Ikon pass for December 2019. The system is still not online apparently. Thanks.

50. Rodolfo J says:

I would like to reserve dates with my Ikon pass for December 2019. Can you add me to the email list to be notified when the system is online? Thanks.

Leave your Comment